Manager in a fix after falling victim to car ownership fraud

KUALA LUMPUR: A 45-year-old office manager is in a dilemma after falling victim to a car ownership fraud.

Loo Yan Woon, from Sungai Buloh, not only discovered that the road tax for her Honda Odyssey was renewed by an unknown individual last year, but also found that her car had two registration cards.

She was in for more shock the ownership of her car was transferred without her knowledge to an unknown person in Kuantan earlier this month!

"I sold my car through a used car dealer who found a buyer in July. However, I could not sell my car after the bank rejected my application to transfer the car ownership because my car is registered on two cards," said Loo at a press conference held at the Bukit Lanjan MCA service centre yesterday.

"I went to the Road Transport Department (JPJ) and was advised to cancel my registration and apply for a new one. I did that, and imagine my surprise when the bank rejected my application the second time because it still found a second registration under my car."

Loo, together with the used car dealer, Stewart Chia, spoke to a senior JPJ officer at the Wangsa Maju branch and they were told that the ownership problem would be fixed and to return six days later.

"I received another shock when I returned because the department informed me that I had transferred the ownership of my car to someone in Kuantan within that six days," she said.

Loo has received RM100,000 for the car but she is now in a fix as she cannot transfer ownership of the car to the buyer.

"JPJ told me they will investigate the matter but it could take up to three months. I have sold the car. I cannot drive the car as it is not registered to me," she said.

She lodged a police report and sought the assistance of Bukit Lanjan MCA election committee director Raymond Low Seow Hwee to resolve the problem.

-The Star-

Read More @ Source



More » Bonology.com | Pakatan Rakyat (PR) | Sociopolitics Plus | 大马社会政治

Comments

Optimized Search

Popular posts from this blog

BAGAIMANA GAMBAR AWEK MELAYU BOGEL BOLEH TERSEBAR DIDALAM BLOG??

Scandal: Alyssa The Scandal Queen

Jho Low's Girlfriend Paris Hilton drunk and flashing panties ...