Ibrahim Ali says proud to be ‘jaguh kampung’


By G. Manimaran, The Malaysian Insider

Perkasa president Datuk Ibrahim Ali once again questioned Khairy Jamaluddin’s leadership and said he was proud to be called “jaguh kampung” by the Umno Youth chief.

Khairy had called Ibrahim “jaguh kampung” after the Umno Youth chief was slammed for defending MCA Youth chief Datuk Dr Wee Ka Siong against the Perkasa chief in a row over scholarships for Bumiputeras.

Wee had last week told a media conference that the government should not phase out Public Service Department (PSD) scholarships, saying that the status quo should remain for both the PSD and Mara scholarships.

He had said that this was because the PSD was the only avenue for non-Bumiputera top scorers to go overseas while Mara was for the Bumiputeras.

Ibrahim, however, subsequently accused Wee of being “insolent” and claimed he had challenged Malay rights when he questioned if Mara scholarships should be abolished together with the PSD’s.

“I am proud to be called jaguh kampung... At least I’m close to the people, meaning I’m the real deal.

“Because of that I can appreciate my forefathers’ fight and care so much for my race and understand history,” Ibrahim said in response to Khairy’s statement yesterday that he (Ibrahim) was like a “jaguh kampung” for demanding that the Rembau MP step down.

“I am a jaguh kampung who is brave like a bull... Anything that crosses my path, I will fight it to the end,” said the independent MP for Pasir Mas.

Ibrahim claimed that Malays could only look to Mara to help raise their standard of living.

“Village folk can only place hope in Mara... That’s why I am proud to be called a jaguh kampung,” he said.

Comments

Optimized Search

Popular posts from this blog

BAGAIMANA GAMBAR AWEK MELAYU BOGEL BOLEH TERSEBAR DIDALAM BLOG??

Scandal: Alyssa The Scandal Queen

Jho Low's Girlfriend Paris Hilton drunk and flashing panties ...