"Bung Moktar: Women are BEASTS ! And I am a model UMNOPutra ... Hehehe"

Women's groups sexually harrassing me, says Bung

'After my statement was twisted, I have become the focus of women in the country,' says controversial MP Bung Moktar Radin.


Controversy magnet Bung Moktar Radin (BN-Kinabatangan) today claimed he is facing “sexual harassment” from women's groups over his recent remark on women drivers contributing to road accidents.

He said his statembung mokhtar parliament 080708 01ent was “twisted by the opposition” to make him appear as a sexist.

“After my statement was twisted, I have become the focus of women in the country, including women's groups.

“I ask for the speaker's help, because this is sexual harassment against me,” he said when debating the Supplementary Supply Bill.

Bung denied that his remarks were aimed at women, stressing that he was emphasising the high rate of accidents between2000 and 2009, which stands at over 370,000 cases.

“That is why I said (the Public Works Department) JKR needs to make sure our roads are tarred. We want roads, but if they cause deaths, that is dangerous.

“That is why, women, please don't be offended. I had no intention of belittling (women). Women are gifts from Allah who should be taken care of as best possible...

“Please don't think I am sexist or your enemy, I take care of them (women) too,” he said, to the amusement of his fellow MPs.

It was at this point when Mohamad Aziz (BN-Sri Gading) and Ismail Kasim (BN-Arau) stood to support Bung, with Ismail helping to explain that the senior parliamentarian had only mentioned women drivers who had just earned their driver's licence driving on the wrong lanes, and was in no way being sexist.

“I thank my friends for their explanations, sebab kita sama sama pencinta wanita (we are all lovers of women),” Bung said in response.

Bung also took a swipe at Women, rafidah shahrizat wanita umno mt pwtc 021208 shahrizatFamily and Community Development Minister Shahrizat Abdul Jalil, saying that she should not have fallen for the opposition's spin when making a statement against him.

In defending women drivers, Shahrizat said her ministry had asked for police statistics to get a clearer picture on Bung's claim, while reminding the public against making gender-biased statements.

“She should read the Hansard. She simply answered a question from a reporter and commented. She should have asked me what I said in the Dewan... this is (the problem with) the opposition, they love to twist (statements),” he said.

Bung had in 2007 riled up women's groups when he attacked the opposition for making an issue of the leaks that had occured in Parliament as a result of heavy downpours.

Targetting DAP's Batu Gajah MP Fong Po Kuan, Bung said: "Where's the leak? The Batu Gajah MP leaks every month, too."

Bung and another BN MP later apologised to Fong and all women.

Later this afternoon, Shahrizat sent out this tweet: "Should I or should I not take YB Bung Mokhtar for a ride to prove to him that women are good drivers? Hehe..."

In immediate response, DAP assemblywoman Hannah Yeoh shot back at Shahrizat: "His remarks are not funny. Nothing to laugh about."

Comments

Optimized Search

Popular posts from this blog

BAGAIMANA GAMBAR AWEK MELAYU BOGEL BOLEH TERSEBAR DIDALAM BLOG??

Scandal: Alyssa The Scandal Queen

Jho Low's Girlfriend Paris Hilton drunk and flashing panties ...