Bring in other Big Fish too!

A Tun was charged in court. This is the highest ranked person so far to be charged in the history of the country. Although in law, a person is innocent until proven otherwise, i view this as a good start for bringing big fish to book.

Hope more prosecutions can be done, and more Big Fish can be brought to court, other than this fish head.. And for successful prosecution, MACC must be given independent status with power to prosecute, something i have been harping since the beginning of this blog in 2006.

Under the law, all men are equal. All crimes must be punished. All those public figures who have wealth and assets beyond their earnings must be investigated and if no proper reasons can be given as to how they have amassed such wealth, investigate them thoroughly and charge them!

I was in the group that met the Top in a dialogue . It was a closed door meeting, and since the Top came late , only a few of us got the chance to speak, and those who spoke, spoke on some of the issues that I have highlighted in the article tips of the iceburg. I was one of those who spoke and i think i was the most blunt and frank, as is my usual style. We spoke on the need to be prudent in spendings, cut the wastages, and the need to really tackle corruption, and that MACC was perceived to be a tool of the government To his credit, the Top was taking note. I cannot reveal what exactly transpired since it was a closed door meeting, and who spoke what.

The Top is facing resistance from right wingers, as divulged by one of the Penang leaders to a Chinese press after the dialogue. He was quoted this in Nanyang 28/7/10 edition page A8, and this is the translation of his news (for the sake of those who do not read Mandarin) : Perdana Menteri terasa dalam mengerakkan ideal tadbir urus negara kerana menghadapi halangan daripada sayap kanan Melayu. I resorted to quoting this news by this person because none of us was supposed to say anything about what the Top had said, but since this person has already t! old this to the press, quoting him was an indirect way of telling my readers out there that the Top mentioned that he is facing great resistance in his trying to move his 1M concept, be fair to everyone (like in awarding scholarships to all 9A+ (regardless of skin colour) and government reform. Of course no one knows whether he says it from his heart, but his body language told me that he was quite sincere when he mentioned that.

I have also heard from other sources that his position within his party is not as strong as before because of the right wingers including the Old Horse and his outsourced organisation Perkasa..

Thefear is if he cannot deliver, he would be pushed out and the Right wingers Head would be the next Top.. A friend from Singapore expressed the same fear in Singapore of this happening to me too recently over tea.

As a small person and an ordinary folk, I think I have answered to my conscience in speaking without fear and favour all this while, and I have even spoken face to face with the very Top and bluntly too. In the old days , when you spoke so bluntly to the emperor, your head could have been chopped.

I have played my parts and have done my best as a small man in the street, and being an ordinary person , I will probably gradually fade away from all these. I have had enough. Being attacked by both sides is demoralising. I was also glad that while waiting for the Top to arrive, the advisor (whom I have criticised very strongly in many National Meets) commended me as conscience of the party, perhaps an indirect recognition of my being very vocal in meetings and being without fear or favour, bringing out things that i have written in this blog, and steppng on toes of top leaders and by doing so, many of these people view me as even more opposition-minded than many opposition members.

It is one way to show that being a member of a political party does not mean that you have to sell your soul to them. On the other hand, you can be a thorn and keep on reminding the! m on ide ology, and being a person with no ambition and a person who has done no wrongs and no leash around the neck for them to control, they cannot do anything to you. Even though my clinic was audited ( an euphemism for raid), nothing substantial could be used against me, and if I am really pro-government, would I suffer such a fate?

Change can come from outside and change can come from applying pressure from within. All roads lead to Rome. Though Rome , in the Malaysian sense, is still far far away, charging this TUN is the right first step.

I have always said that, even to my own members, that it would be good for the country for the ruling party to lose once and change for the better and then come back cleaner and stronger, like he case in Taiwan.. I have not changed this view, but in the meantime, we still need change, no matter how subtle, for the people to live better. And you still need people to speak up either within the system or as a creditable third force, even though these people will be attacked by both sides, since to one side he is with the other, and to the other side, he is viewed as more opposition than opposition. That is the role no one cherishes; only those without ambition and without hoping to get anything except harrassment or even ISA can play, since only then, you can speak without fear or favour.

Charging this Tun is certainly a surprise to many, and i supposed many other Tan Sris and Datuks are now shivering, and did not know when the next big fish will be charged.


See What Pakatan Rakyat Gotta Say?

Comments

Optimized Search

Popular posts from this blog

BAGAIMANA GAMBAR AWEK MELAYU BOGEL BOLEH TERSEBAR DIDALAM BLOG??

Jho Low's Girlfriend Paris Hilton drunk and flashing panties ...

Scandal: Alyssa The Scandal Queen