Mum insists she did not abandon daughter at aunt’s place

IPOH: A mother who allegedly abandoned her three-year-old daughter has reclaimed her.

Susan Maria Hayes, 33, said she had not abandoned Dorothy Chong Mei Sem but merely left her under the care of her husband's aunt K.S. Choong on Aug 9.

"I was having health complications following a recent miscarriage and had no choice but to seek Choong's help while I admitted myself into a hospital here for treatment," said the mother.

"Although I only wanted Choong to take care of Dorothy for a few days, she insisted that I leave Dorothy with her for a longer period or she would not accept her at all," she claimed at a press conference after picking up her daughter at the Perak MCA Public Complaints and Services bureau here yesterday.

Present were bureau chief Datuk Lee Kon Yin and Choong, but the latter left as soon as Hayes entered the room.

It was reported on Nov 21 that Choong was appealing for Dorothy's parents to take her back in a week's time or she would be handed over to the Social Welfare Department.

Hayes, who learnt of the reports from a friend, said Choong's claims had caused her to lose her job at a hotel in Penang.

"It was only after my husband Chong Chee Leong had failed to pay Choong for taking care of Dorothy that she called me to demand that I take her back or she would go to the press.

"I told Choong that I would take Dorothy at the end of the month, but she still held a press conference and made false statements about me," she said, adding that she hoped to clear the air for her daughter's sake.

Asked on Hayes' allegations, Choong said she would let the matter rest as her main objective was to return Dorothy to her parents.

"Since that goal has been achieved, I believe there is no need to say anything more," she added.

-The STAR-

Read More @ Source



More » Bonology.com | Pakatan Rakyat (PR) | Sociopolitics Plus | 大马社会政治

Comments

Optimized Search

Popular posts from this blog

BAGAIMANA GAMBAR AWEK MELAYU BOGEL BOLEH TERSEBAR DIDALAM BLOG??

Scandal: Alyssa The Scandal Queen

Jho Low's Girlfriend Paris Hilton drunk and flashing panties ...