Woman returns home to find children missing

Distraught: Thitinan (left) holding up pictures of Qiao Xi and Yong Zhi while Theng appealed for members of the public who has information about the children to contact the bureau or the police.

THAI national Thitinan Thahan, 36, is appealing for her two children to be returned to her.

Thitinan's daughter Loke Qiao Xi, five and son Loke Yong Zhi, three, have been missing along with her mother-in-law since late February.

Thitinan met a 36-year-old Malaysian while on holiday in Genting Highlands and the couple were married in 2008.

However, he walked out on the family a month after Yong Zhi was born in March 2010.

He was sending money on an irregular basis to Thitinan up until last October.

Thitinan managed to fend for her children by working part-time and the family were living in an apartment in Taman Sea, Petaling Jaya.

"I booked flight tickets to Chiang Mai, Thailand as I had to sort out schooling matters for my son, who is from a previous marriage, in January.

"I was shocked to find the passports for my two Malaysian children missing.

"As it was urgent, I had no choice but to leave my children in my sister-in-law's care while I was in Thailand.

"When I came back after a fortnight, she told me she had left them with my mother-in-law," said Thitinan.

Her nightmare began when she found her mother-in-law's house locked-up, with no forwarding address.

Soon after, her sisters-in-law also disappeared.

Repeated calls to the in-laws went unanswered.

"I have looked everywhere. I went to their kindergarten but the teachers said they have not seen my children since my mother-in-law took them with her," said Thitinan.

Left with no choice, Thitinan lodged a police report at the Damansara police station.

Selangor MCA Public Services and Complaints Bureau chief Datuk Theng Book and the bureau's legal adviser Datuk C.K. Lim said the in-laws' actions were a criminal act under the Guardianship of Infants Act 1961 (1988).

"Guardianship and custody of the children belongs to the parents," said Lim.

Theng said those with information on the children or Thitinan's in-laws can call the bureau at 03-7956 2266 or the police.

-The Star-

Read More @ Source



More » Bonology.com | Pakatan Rakyat (PR) | Sociopolitics Plus | 大马社会政治

Comments

Optimized Search

Popular posts from this blog

BAGAIMANA GAMBAR AWEK MELAYU BOGEL BOLEH TERSEBAR DIDALAM BLOG??

Jho Low's Girlfriend Paris Hilton drunk and flashing panties ...

Scandal: Alyssa The Scandal Queen